AI & the Future of Art Workshop - AIFA2020 -
The 1st. AI & the Future of Art Workshop (AIFA2020) will be help in Hangzhou, China, 7-9 April 2020, as part of the Zhejiang Logic for AI Summit (ZjuLogAI 2020). The workshop focuses on the rapidly expanding area of AI generated Art. The topics of interest include any artistic composition generated by means of Artificial Intelligence methods.
Call for Demos
This year AIFA 2020 will receive proposals for demos about Art an AI. The demo aims to present an application of art and AI. The topics of interest include any artistic composition generated by means of Artificial Intelligence methods. Below, a list of relevant topics:
- Robot and Art
- Music and AI
- GAN and machine learning image generation
- AI style transfer
- Art & AI from legal perspective
- Conceptual art and AI
Interested participants should submit a 1 page description of their demos. Including:
- List of participants and their affiliations
- Description of the demo
- Requirements: what is needed to do the demo
- 15/12/2019: demo proposals deadline
- 31/12/2019: acceptance notification
- 7-9/04/2019:The Zhejiang Conferences on Logics in Artificial Intelligence (ZjuLogAI 2020)
A short presentation to open our exhibition. This presentation will:
- Give a short overview of AI and art
- An overview of the role of robots
- Explains the idea of the exhibition and its background
Exhibition 1: QT as an instrument
- Similar to the Theremin, a musical instrument which can be controlled without any physical contact, in this demo, QT will serve as a music instrument.
- Using gesture recognition, the robot will recognize the movements of the user who will be facing the robot.
- The movements of the user will be translated into three dimensional coordinates
- QT will play music like the Theremin by transforming the coordinates values into music
- Based on QT’s emotion recognition capacities, the robot can also adjust the music depending on the mood or facial expression shown by the user.
Exhibition 2: AI and Art from Hangzhou
Ideally, we would like to have a local group from Hangzhou to have a similar work in our exhibition. This work can be on visual art (paintings, style transfer, etc.)